Once we have an understanding of your needs we will pull together a tailored plan of support to deliver a stress free move or help you age in place.
- Advice on housing options – we can assist with moves into all forms of accommodation from independent to supported living
- Information on local authority care and support funding and eligibility
- Maximising your income – signposting towards financial advice and helping you access welfare benefits
- Identifying appropriate properties and assisting you to view these
- Sourcing independent legal and financial advice for the sale, letting or purchase of properties and related matters
- Making arrangements for the marketing and sale or letting of your current property and if required supporting you to engage an Estate Agent
- Staging your property – this can help improve buyers’ first impressions and increase the likelihood of a quicker sale
- Suggestions and practical help to assist you to sort and downsize your belongings
- Customised floor plans – to help you plan your new furniture layout and help you decide what to take with you or what you might need to purchase
- Arranging removals
- Packing and unpacking
- Outlining suitable arrangements for the sale, donation, disposal or recycling of possessions and furniture you no longer need
- Arranging for treasured possessions to be passed to family members
- Support to ensure the safe and secure disposal of old financial and personal documents.
A typical supported move – how The Senior Move Partnership can assist
Before the move – we can
- Plan your whole move
- Compile an inventory of belongings (what is to be sold, moved or disposed of) and deliver against this
- Space plan – develop a working floor plan for the new home
- Arrange cleaning of the new home before you move in
- Arrange and manage the decoration and carpeting of your new home
- Arrange contractors and manage any refurbishments to the new home
- Support you to purchase new furniture, curtains, fittings etc.
- Carry out all utilities and change of address tasks
- Sort and pack belongings
- Arrange quotes and manage your chosen removal company
- Liaise with your Estate Agent and Solicitor on your behalf.
During the move – we can
- Provide support for you throughout the day
- Drive you to the new home
- Manage the various tasks associated with moving day.
After the move – we can
- Unpack at the new home
- Remove all the packing materials
- Arrange furniture as per floor plan
- Organise rooms including hanging curtains, pictures and making up beds
- Connect the TV and computer
- Stock your kitchen cupboards for the first day
- Help you settle into your new home and orientate you to your new local services for example, GP
- Provide on-going administrative support after the move to help finalise moving bills and ensure new utility accounts are all set up.