We offer specialist help to support older adults and their families through this period.
A change in health or perhaps the passing of a carer may mean that moving from the current home to a more suitable environment is necessary.
A change in health circumstances may mean that an older person might not be able to be discharged safely back to their current home and will need 121 support to help them deal with their old property at a distance.
Whatever the situation we are here to help.
Working 1-2-1 with the older adult and/or family we will pull together a package of support ensuring a smooth transition.
This might include:
- Help with deciding what to take to the new home for example furniture, clothing, and personal possessions, packing and arranging removals
- Support to pack up and clear the old home for example – arranging for items to go to family members, for sale, donation, or clearance
- Help to prepare the home for sale – cleaning, repairs and staging to ensure the property looks at its best to secure the best sale price
- Liaison with professionals including estate agents, solicitors and help with paperwork as the property is marketed
- Change of address notifications and utility account closures.
Working as part of your family
When family members live a distance away or have family / work commitments we can work as part of your team to take the pressure from you during what can be a stressful and emotional time.
For example, we can liaise remotely with families around the inventory of what needs to go where and be on hand locally to arrange trades people and give property access.
Finding suitable care and nursing homes
Navigating the search for the perfect care or nursing home can be a challenging and emotional journey, especially when family members are dispersed or occupied with various commitments. That’s where we can help. We can step into your family seamlessly, working as a supportive team during this crucial time.
Our home search services extend beyond geographical distances, allowing us to liaise effectively with family members remotely. We understand the intricacies of the transition, and our team is dedicated to shouldering the responsibilities that may feel overwhelming – we take care of the details, enabling you to focus on what truly matters – the well-being of your loved ones.